A cache file is a type of temporary file that is created by the operating system or by individual apps on a device. These files are used to store frequently accessed data, such as images, web pages, and other types of data, in order to speed up access to that data in the future.
On Xiaomi devices, the cache files are stored on the device’s internal storage. These files can include data such as images, videos, web pages, and other types of content that are frequently accessed by apps and the operating system. The system cache files are stored in a separate partition on the device and are used to store frequently accessed data by the operating system, such as system settings and configurations, in order to speed up access to that data and improve the overall performance of the device.
Cache files can take up significant space on a device over time, and clearing the cache can help to free up space and potentially improve device performance. However, it is always recommended to create a backup of your device before clearing the cache, as clearing the cache can cause some apps and the system to lose their saved data, login information, and preferences.
It’s also worth noting that, on Xiaomi’s device, you will see the option of “Cleaner” in the security app, this feature can help you to clear the cache, and residual files, and also remove unnecessary apps or APK files. This feature can help you to free up storage space, and improve the performance and security of your device.
In MIUI 12, you can clear the cache for individual apps using the hidden settings feature. Here’s how to do it:
- Go to the “Settings” app on your device.
- Scroll down and find the “Additional settings” option, then tap on it.
- Tap on “Developer options”.
- Scroll down and find the “Running services” option, then tap on it.
- In the “Running services” screen, you will see a list of all the apps that are currently running on your device.
- Look for the app that you want to clear the cache for, then tap on it.
- In the app’s settings, you will see an option to “Stop” or “Force stop” the app. Tap on “Force stop” and then confirm it by tapping on “OK”
- Once stopped, you will see the option “Clear cache”.
By following these steps, you should be able to clear the cache for individual apps on your MIUI 12 device using the hidden settings feature. Please note that this process may vary slightly depending on the MIUI version and device model. If you don’t see any of these options in your device please check the instructions provided by the manufacturer for your device.
- Install and open the Activity Launcher application;
- In the search field, type “Storage” and open the item of the same name;
- This brings us to the familiar menu that was on MIUI 11;
- Now you just need to select “Cached data” and confirm to clear the cache.
An Activity Launcher is a tool that allows users to launch any activity (a component of an app that interacts with the user) on their device by providing a list of all the activities installed on the device.
To clear cache files using an activity launcher, you would first need to launch the activity launcher app and find the activity that corresponds to the app you want to clear the cache for. Then, tap the activity to launch it.
Once you are in the app settings, look for the option for “App Info” or “Storage” this will take you to the app’s storage settings, where you will find the option to “Clear cache” or “Clear data”. Selecting either of these options will clear the app’s cache files.
Please keep in mind that clearing an app’s cache may cause the app to lose some of its data, such as login information and preferences.
It is recommended you check the app-specific instructions before clearing the cache and also it may vary between devices, some devices have in-built settings that allow you to clear the cache, check your device settings too.