MediaTek Auto TWRP Recovery Porter V1.9 is a small application for windows computers created by Hovatek, which allows you to create custom TWRP recovery for almost all the Spreadtrum smartphones and tablets in the world.
All notable changes to this project will be documented here.
## 2022-02-14 Hovatek v1.9 – Latest
– TWRP v3.6.0 for Kitkat to Oreo
– Upgraded AIK libraries
## 2021-09-17 Hovatek v1.8a
– Downgraded AIK libraries back to v3.7
– Minor changes
## 2021-09-11 Hovatek v1.8
– Updated support for Q (10.0) & now ports TWRP 3.5.0-10
– Updated AIK libraries to the latest ATM i.e v3.8
## 2020-09-21 Hovatek v1.7
– Added support for Q (10.0) & ports TWRP 184.108.40.206
– Added support for enabling ADB & MTP in both android 9 and 10 TWRP ports
## 2020-03-09 Hovatek v1.6
– Added support for Pie (9.0) with Kernel version 4.4.146 & ports TWRP 3.3.1-0
– Updated AIK libraries to the latest ATM i.e v3.6
– Removed DM_verity checker (Devices shipped with android 9 all have dm_verity so no point checking)
– Minor changes
## 2019-09-13 Hovatek v1.5
– Added support for Pie (9.0) with Kernel version 4.9.117 & ports TWRP 3.3.1-0
– Removed support for Oreo, Nougat, Marshmallow & Lollipop
– Updated AIK libraries to the latest ATM i.e v3.5
## 2019-03-02 Hovatek v1.4
– Added support for signed recovery images
– Minor fixes
## 2018-09-10 Hovatek v1.3
– GUI version
## 2018-06-21 Hovatek V1.2
– Added Dm_Verity alert
– Added support for Oreo 8.0, 8.1 & 8.1 (Go Edition)
## 2018-04-25 Hovatek V1.1
– Added Android 8 Oreo support
– Ports TWRP v220.127.116.11 (latest at the moment)
How To Use?
- Extract the MTK Auto TWRP recovery porter compressed file
- Copy the stock recovery.img into the stock-recovery folder; if you have recovery-sign.img then ensure to rename it to recovery. image
- Double-click Auto TWRP Recovery Porter.exe
- Tap Enter to confirm that you’ve copied your stock recovery.img into the stock-recovery folder
- Enter the option for your Android version (5 for Lollipop, 6 for Marshmallow, 7 for Nougat, 8 and 8.1 for Oreo & 8.1g for Oreo-Go) and tap Enter
- Wait while our tool ports the TWRP recovery
- You’ll find your ported TWRP recovery in the output folder.
- Flash the recovery image to your device
Note:- connect your Android device to the computer using the USB data cable. And once your Android device is detected by the computer, you need to launch the Recovery Porter Tool.
After that copy the stock recovery file to the stock recovery folder of the tool. After you have copied the stock recovery, you need to open the tool and select the Android version of your device. After that, it will automatically create the TWRP recovery in the output folder of the tool.