Rescuing Your Samsung G965F S9+ from “Bootloop” and “Hang Samsung Logo” with Z3X Samsung Tool Pro
If you’re an unfortunate owner of a Samsung G965F S9+ smartphone experiencing the dreaded “bootloop” or “hang Samsung logo” issue, fret not, as there’s a free and tested solution using the Z3X Samsung Tool Pro. This guide will walk you through the process of flashing TWRP recovery, mounting the EFS partition, and restoring a backup using Z3X Samsung Tool Pro to restore your device to its former glory.
Before embarking on this repair process, ensure you have the following prerequisites:
- A Samsung G965F S9+ smartphone stuck in a bootloop or hanging at the Samsung logo
- A computer with a stable internet connection
- A USB cable to connect your phone to the computer
- Z3X Samsung Tool Pro software installed on your computer
- A working EFS backup for your Samsung G965F S9+ (if you don’t have a backup, you can try searching online for a suitable one)
- Flash TWRP Recovery: a. Download the appropriate TWRP recovery image for your Samsung G965F S9+ from a reputable source. b. Enable USB debugging on your phone by going to Settings > Developer Options > USB debugging. c. Put your phone into download mode by holding the Volume Down, Power, and Bixby buttons simultaneously until the download mode screen appears. d. Connect your phone to the computer using the USB cable. 5. Open the Odin software on your computer. f. In Odin, load the TWRP recovery image file into the AP slot. g. Click the “Start” button in Odin to flash the TWRP recovery image onto your phone. h. Once the flashing process is complete, your phone will reboot into TWRP recovery mode.
- Mount EFS Partition: a. In TWRP recovery mode, navigate to the “Mount” menu. b. Enable the “Mount System” and “Mount Data” options.
- Restore EFS Backup with Z3X Samsung Tool Pro: a. Launch Z3X Samsung Tool Pro on your computer. b. Connect your phone to the computer using the USB cable. c. In Z3X Samsung Tool Pro, select the “EFS” tab. d. Click the “Read” button to read the current EFS data from your phone. e. Click the “Save” button to save the current EFS data as a backup (in case something goes wrong during the restoration process). f. Click the “Restore” button and select the previously created EFS backup file. g. Click the “Start” button to initiate the EFS restoration process. h. Once the restoration process is complete, your phone will reboot automatically.
Download Link: Click Here
After following these steps, your Samsung G965F S9+ should be revived from its boot loop or hang Samsung logo state and return to normal operation. If the issue persists, consider contacting Samsung support for further assistance.