As the name suggests this is an application to flash (update) Pixel™ phones (possibly all Google™ made phones/tablets, YMMV.)
PixelFlasher at its core is a UI layer (with bells and whistles) on top of ADB / fastboot commands, hence many of its features can be used on non-Pixel devices as well. (YMMV).
The application has two modes, normal mode (basic) and advanced mode (expert).
Features Pixel Flasher Tool:
Basic mode: Should suit most users. Some of the features in basic mode are:
- Simple UI interface, click and go. No more command line, no more placing all files in one directory.
- boot.IMG management UI, select the boot.img file to patch and click the patch button. Fully Automated patching with Magisk (without user interaction) and perform upgrades without losing root.
No more manually extracting files transferring to the phone, patching / re-flashing, and doing multiple reboots.
No more setting airplane mode and clearing storage to retain Safetynet passing.
- Display details of the boot.img.
- Unique ID.
- Origin (file it was extracted from).
- Whether it is patched or not, and if it is patched.
- What version of Magisk was used to patch it.
- On what device it was patched.
- Date of patching.
- Choose to keep data or wipe data while flashing.
- Ability to flash even if multiple devices are connected to the computer.
- Display information about the phone.
- current installed firmware.
- if it is rooted with Magisk.
- Magisk version
- List installed Magisk modules.
- connection mode.
- Magisk modules management, enable/disables modules selectively, this comes in handy to disable suspect modules before an upgrade. Display:
- Enabled / Disabled.
- Display Android Platform Tools (SDK) version.
- Advanced features are hidden to keep the interface simple and easy to follow.
- A lot of checks and validations for smooth operation.
- Automatic check for program updates.
Expert mode: (should only be turned on by experienced users). In addition to the basic features, you get:
- The ability to flash custom ROM (with or without patching boot. img)
- Option to flash to both slots.
- Options to disable verify and or verification.
- Ability to change the active slot.
- Ability to live boot to custom boot.IMG (temporary root).
- Ability to boot to recovery.
- Ability to flash custom image: boot, recovery, radio, kernel, …
- Ability to sideload an image.
- Lock / Unlock bootloader.
- SOS Disable Magisk modules to get out of the boot loop (experimental).
How To Use?
- First, you need to download the Pixel Flasher executive file from the below link
- Next, open the folder and run the program with an admin permission
- Just extract and run the tool because Pixel Flasher is a portable tool with no need for installation.
- Enjoy the tool and post results in the comment section.